Fur and Hair
It’s what Yeti was built for, with numerous nodes for styling and an integrated dynamics engine all of your fur and hair needs can be met.
A custom procedural generator takes feather creation and rendering a step further to offer an efficient artist friendly means of creating extremely high detailed plumage.
Yeti has been developed to embrace the freedom and flexibility to create, change, animate and render using the procedural graph editor integrated within Maya’s interface.
Unlike traditional fur solutions Yeti grooms are not dependent on surface topology or texture UVs; this allows models to change with only minor aesthetic tweaks to the groom and strand placement anywhere on a surface.
Styling is made easy with a diverse range of tools for short fur, long hair, parting and feathers that are both powerful and user friendly.
Pipeline and Rendering
Developed as a good global citizen from the start; Yeti caches are lightweight with built in previews with support for most industry leading rendering engines.
- non-destructive procedural workflow
- multi-core evaluation of graphs
- expression-based node parameters
- numerous nodes including grow, scatter, comb, clump, texture and many more
- integrated low resource caching system
- changing UVs and topology handled gracefully
- subdivision surfaces supported as an emissions surface
- high quality, fully multi-threaded dynamics solver
- fully integrated into Maya
- support for corrective grooming post-dynamics
- unlimited number of surfaces, grooms and guide curves
- visual procedural feather editor
- instance geometry to points and fur
- deformable instances that follow the shape and motion of input fibres
- comb and deform fur based on grooms and guide curves
- group points and fur based on bounding geometry
- publishable groom files that store a whole groom in a single file for easy versioning and asset management
- non topology specific
- strands can be placed anywhere on a surface at any density
- unlimited number of user attributes to control parameters in a graph
- export/import any attribute to/from a 2d textures
- surface-based combing and 3d sculpting modes
- integrated strand editing via Maya component mode
- easy tools for creating parting and crowns
- render-time dynamic evaluation
- rendering parameters (density, etc.) can be changed without the need to re-cache
- command line PTC generator for point-based occlusion and GI
- ability to pass custom surface attributes to shader for render time effects
- renderer-specific instance optimizations
All licenses are floating with unlimited rendering and include access to online support, our ticketing system and minor updates. If your production requires a higher level of support, please contact us for options.